When it comes to social media marketing, Twitter plays a very important role. Nobody can afford to ignore Twitter while planning their social media marketing strategy and to create a successful Twitter marketing campaign. important to sit, analyze the behavior of the target audience and do a thorough research on competitors.
To help you, here are some of the best and free Twitter analysis tools,
1. twitonomy – Twitter analytics and much more
twitonomy one of the best Twitter analysis tools on the market. To start using this tool, you just need to register with your Twitter account. After registering, you will see a dashboard with many options. Let's find out all these options to know what exactly this tool has to offer,
- Detailed analysis of all tweets from day one
- Most re-tweets, bookmarks and most replied to tweets
- hashtag analysis, 10 most used hashtags
- Information on the best day of the week to tweet and also the best time of day to tweet
- You can analyze any user or hashtag
all you can do for free and if you upgrade to the paid option you will have access to many more features, here they are,
- You can download the data in the form of Excel or PDF
- Set custom range in graphical interpretation of data
- Get search analysis for any keyword
- Daily tracking
The twitonomy paid plan starts at USD 19 per month.
2. Twtrland: social intelligence
twtrland not only a Twitter analysis tool, but also offers analysis for Facebook and Instagram, but for now we will only talk about Twitter. Just register with your Twitter account and you will see the dashboard with a lot of information on your Twitter account. Here are the features of this tool,
- Your profile information like Tweets per day, Amplification Tweets, recent recent content and new followers.
- Real-time stats, number of people who tweeted in your feed in the past hour
- Analysis of followers, based on their age, gender, demographics and interests
- Sort followers by their influence, demographics and interests
- And some other features such as conversation and welcoming new followers with a tweet
- However, you can also study your competitor's profile but the report will not be detailed
All the features mentioned above are free. Now, if you upgrade to Pro, here are the extra features you will get
- Get advanced analysis with multiple features
- Keep track of your competitors and campaigns
The plan paid by Twtrland starts at USD 19.99 per month.
3. Topsy – Monitoring and analysis of Twitter research
Topsy a social web search and analysis engine. Registration not required unless you opt for Topsy pro. Just type the keyword in the search box. Let's say you want to search for the hashtag #SocialMedia, here are the results offered by Topsy,
- You can see the number of tweets with hashtag #SocialMedia in the last hour, a month or you can enter a specific interval
- You can order tweets, such as, tweets with or without links; tweets with photos or videos
- You can discover the most influential people for a particular keyword or hashtag.
- If you want to see tweets in languages other than English, there is an option for this too.
An obvious feature that you can compare the number of tweets over a period of time for three different Twitter accounts, we did it for Buzzfeed, Mashable and Techcrunch.
Paid option also available.
4. followerwonk – Twitter Analytics, social graph tracking and more
followerwonk an analysis tool owned by Moz. However, it doesn't provide detailed analysis like the top three on the list, but there are some great features that make this tool strong. Let's find out the features of this tool,
- Twitter Search Bios, let's say you're looking for people who have the word " Startup "in their Twitter biography, enter the keyword Startup in the search bar, press enter and you're done, the results are in front of you. Now, if you want to filter these results, you can use the advanced options.
- Compare users, this option allows you to compare followers / followers of three Twitter accounts.
For more features, you will need to opt for the paid option. Comes with 30 day trial option.
5. Against Twitter – Check your Twitter statistics
The Twitter counter again is a truly impressive Twitter analysis tool with many features. Let's see the features offered by this tool,
- Graphical representation of your tweets, followers and followings. An extrapolated graph that tells you the number of followers you will have after a certain period of time
- You can analyze multiple accounts and switch when you wish
- You can compare two Twitter accounts
These are the features available for free, but you can do much more with the paid option, here are the extra features in the paid option,
- You can promote your Twitter account by advertising with the Twitter counter
- Purchase detailed statistics from your competitor's Twitter account
Twitter's paid plan starts at USD 17 per month.
SEE ALSO: 5 free Twitter tools to schedule tweets
6. Tweriod- Know the best time to tweet
With Tweriod you can discover the best time to tweet. It analyzes 1000 followers and returns the result with the best time to Tweet. To analyze more than 1000 followers, you will need to follow the paid plan.
The plan paid by Tweroid starts at USD 3.99 per month.
7. TweetLevel- How influential you are
With TweetLevel you can analyze a particular topic or a Twitter account.
- When looking for a topic or hashtag, TweetLevel provides the results of the last month. In the result you will discover, the level of buzz, the most influential twitters and the best shared web links.
- When you search for a specific Twitter account, TweetLevel provides you with a score for that account, a graphical representation that shows the influence of the Twitter account, the active hours and the word cloud that shows the most used words in the tweets.
Paid option also available.
8. foller.me – Twitter Analytics
foller.me completely free. It provides information on the Twitter account, you don't need to register, just type the Twitter handle in the search bar and press enter. Here's what returns,
- General information about the Twitter account, e.g. the date of joining Twitter, biography, country, followers, followings, etc.
- Popular topics, hashtags and mentions
- analysis of tweets, removal of tweets based on retweets, favorites, with or without links etc.
- active time
This tool is most suitable when you are looking for an overview of the Twitter account. Don't expect detailed analysis from this tool.
With all the tools mentioned above you can analyze Twitter accounts, trends, particular hashtags and many other things. But there is one thing missing, here is one thing.
Let's say that your tweet contains a link and you want to find out how many times the link was clicked. Here's what you should do,
- Open this link, ads.twitter.com and log in with your Twitter account
- Click on the Analytics option
- Here, you will see all your recent tweets with information on how many times the link was clicked.
SEE ALSO: 3 tools to track Twitter followers
I hope this post will help you discover the most suitable Twitter analysis tool for you. I tried to cover as many details as possible but, if you still have some questions, do not hesitate to ask in the comments below the post.