There has been talk for some time about SEO copywriting, or how to optimize the content for the search engine, here are some for the page title.
There has been talk for some time about SEO copywriting, or how to optimize the content for the search engine, here are some valuable tips.
This #ARUBAIT, the column created in collaboration with Aruba.itsui the most interesting trends in the world of technology and the web. Here the tips forwrite page title and meta description optimized for Google search
SEO copywriting, what? A new science
Writing on the web, in fact, means writing texts designed for people and, at the same time, also for Google. Because he, the most used search engine in Italy (and in the world), to reward a site bringing it high in its serp for certain search queries.
And so today we want to talk about two important bricks to build your solid SEO walls around your content. Around your site. Today we'll talk about it how to write the best page title and meta description.
The page title in SEO copywriting: the first few words count
The title tag is the title of the pages of a website and certainly an important element for onsite SEO. The page title, in fact, must immediately communicate, both to the reader and to the search engine, the topic (the theme) dealt within that particular page.
What are the SEO goals of a page title?
- It must help place that page for a certain keyword.
- It must encourage the reader to click on the page.
These two objectives are closely connected to each other. What sense, in fact, would he position himself high in the serp but not receive any clicks?
To help place the page for a certain keyword, the page title must:
- Contain a keyword within it. The keyword can be dry (eg Aruba), middle tail (eg. Domains Aruba), long tail (eg domain purchase on Aruba). Usually, in writing a blog post it is preferable to choose a middle or, better still, a long tail. The reason? You can position yourself more easily, as a long tail keyword is usually associated with a lower keyword difficulty.
- Have the right length. Better that the page title is at most 55 characters long, including spaces, and 12 words. In this way it will be displayed in full on the serp and will also be read in full by Google.
Remember that the page title is one of the first contact opportunities you have with your potential customers. The title of the page, in fact, is displayed on Google's serp, on the web browser tabs, on social networks.
SEO copywriting in the serp
On social media.
In this first page title you immediately understand the target audience (i Seo), as well as a benefit (definitive guide).
Another example of page title, this time taken by an ecommerce. Here the format is composed as follows: PRODUCT + CATEGORY + BRAND. In this way the reader has had an idea, without losing time, of where atterrer once clicked on the page title.
Last useful tip, therefore, this: think of the page title not only for the engine, but also for the reader. Ask yourself these questions:
- helps the reader understand where to land?
- single for that page?
Meta description: the text that winks at the title tag
If the page title has a direct impact on the SEO, the meta description It's important, but not equally because it's not a ranking factor. However, being the meta description tag a sort of summary of a page, it is still useful to improve its CTR, that is the click rate.
A good meta description:
- unique for each page.
- Refer to the page title and complete it with more information.
- No longer than 160 characters, spaces included.
- Talk to the reader, giving more weight to words than to keywords.
- It does not contain quotation marks (which go to break the text).
Do you need to use special signs? Replace them with HTML entities.
Here, this ABC to write page title is meta description effective. We hope you will find it useful.