Samsung has released Android Nougatsu Galaxy S7, S6 and Note 5 updates, which are available on the devices. However, the former flagship Galaxy, S5, which has been on the market for more than two years, in theory might still be able to get new software updates, but it seems that this is not expected in Samsung's plans. That said, the owners of the Galaxy S5 can still experience the new Android Nougat version using third-party ROMs. In this guide we will see the procedure to perform update S5 adAndroid 7.1.1.
S5 update to Android 7
Having already shared with you other custom ROMs based on Android 7.0 here we see how to upgrade Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 7.1.1 Nougat. This custom Android 7.1.1 ROM based on AOKP and now available for a fast and stable experience. Here are all the steps to upgrade Galaxy S5 to Android 7.1.1 with the modified AOKP firmware.
Prerequisites for installing the modified ROM
- Even if the installation of the custom ROM improves the performance of the device and the experiences of the user interface, at the same time it loses the guarantee (It purifies the warranty by flashing (installing) the original ROM again).
- Make sure the device has root permissions before proceeding to install the custom ROM.
- The new custom ROM to upgrade Galaxy S5 to Android 7.1.1 with the modified AOKP firmware compatible with the Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F version. If installed on other versions of the device, this could be irreversibly damaged (Check the device model properly. Vaisu Settings >> Phone info >> model number).
- Installing the custom ROM requires erasing the smartphone's memory, so be sure to back up all the data on your smartphone.
- Make sure and verify that you have installed on the PC the USB drivers of the device you find below, otherwise the smartphone (Samsung Galaxy S5) will not be recognized by the computer.
- Make sure the device has at least 80 percent of the battery, or there is a risk of ruining it if the installation process is interrupted.
Files to download:
Below are the files to download to upgrade S5 to Android 7.1.1 Nougat.
Guide to upgrade S5 to Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- Download and install the USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F on your computer.
- Enable USB debugging mode from the developer menu.
- Deviate custom recovery untool as TWRP or CWM installed on the device. Here we used CWM.
- Back up important data on your device before proceeding with the guide.
Note: The custom ROM a beta in work progress. For more features, problems, bugs, you can visit the developer support.
- After downloading the custom ROM Android 7.1.1 NougatAOKP is Google Apps on your PC, connect your Samsung Galaxy S5 to your computer via USB cable.
- Copy the zip file of the custom ROM to the phone's SD memory card. (Note: you should paste the .zip file in the root of the SD card and not in a folder).
- Now turn off the device and disconnect it from the PC.
- Restart the device in recovery mode by simultaneously pressing the keys "Volume Up + Home + Power".
- Once in recovery mode, perform a Nandroid backup of the existing ROM. This is necessary to allow you to reinstall the current ROM if you don't like the new firmware. In order to perform a backup, select Backup and Restore> Backup again. Return to the main recovery menu after the backup is completed.
- After entering data recovery mode, delete the phone memory by selecting “wipe data / factory reset"(Note: Use the Volume keys to navigate and the" Power "button to select options during recovery mode operation).
- Now clear the cache by selecting "wipe cache partition".
- Return to ClockworkMod recovery and select "advanced "and click "wipe dalvik cache"(Note: this step is optional, but highly recommended, so that the user will not have to face boot cycles or other errors in the middle of installing the custom ROM).
- Go back to the main recovery screen and click on "install zip from SD card".
- Click on"choose zip from sdcard”And vaial ROM .zip fileAndroid 7.1.1 NougatAOKP that you have stored on the SD card and starts the installation process. Once again restart the device in recovery mode and now go to flashare the .zip file of Google Apps (Note: use the keys Volume to navigate and the button Power to select options).
- Once the installation process is complete, switch to "+++++ Go Back +++++"And restart the device by opting for"reboot system now”Which you find in the recovery menu.
Now, the Samsung Galaxy S5 will take a few minutes to complete the boot process. Then go Settings >> and select "Phone info”To confirm that the installation of the custom ROM Android 7.1.1 NougatAOKP has been successful. Completed the procedure for upgrading S5 to the Nougat version of Android and I hope that everything went well for you.
You may be interested to know how to connect the Galaxy S5 to the TV. In this case I suggest you read this guide.