Have you ever needed to open, edit or edit a Microsoft Access database file (MDB), but don't have Microsoft Access on your computer? Microsoft has programs to view Word documents, Excels spreadsheets and Powerpoint files without having installed the original software, however, they don't have this option for MS Access!
Who knows why, but definitely annoying because there are many people who use Microsoft Access databases, but not everyone has installed Access on their PC. In addition, some versions of Office, such as the Student and Basic versions, do not even have Access as an option to install.
MDB Viewer Plus an elegant freeware program to view Access database tables and records (MDB) without having installed Microsoft Access. But this not only an MS Access viewer, but also allows you to edit, filter, sort and search MDB files! This sweet!
Here are some of the fantastic features of this program and why every IT administrator should have this program on his USB stick. That's right, this bad boy works like a standalone EXE file, so you can open and edit MDB files from any computer.
- Editing and viewing the embedded table
- Supports Access 2000, Access 2003, Access 2007 Accdb files (must have installed the Microsoft Access 2007 database engine, what a free download)
- Sort records, filter records and search standard records
- Information about table types, table structure and table fields. Possibility to print also the table structure.
- Ability to write selected standard SQL statements to request specific data
- Ability to export SQL query or table data to TXT, HTML, XML, XLS, DBF, RFT and PDF
This program is basically a mini database development solution, considering that you can write queries, edit records, add records, filter and sort records, and even write stored procedures!
The only thing you need to do to use this program is to make sure you have it Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) installed on your PC. This is usually the case with most Windows operating systems, but if not, you can click on the download link above to install it.
Overall, a great tool for any IT person because you never know when someone will send you an Access database file that you can't open because you only installed SQL Server on your computer thinking that you should never have opened an MDB file in the your life! To enjoy!