One of the most important models of the calendar year 2013, and perhaps also of a good part of the first six months of 2014, certainly theLG G2 which confirmed the recovery and the excellent qualities expressed by LG within the sector by creating a model that, both for the technical data sheet and especially for the software optimizations, has been able to establish itself as one of the best to turn to with the LG G2 root, obviously gaining some interest in the sector modding given the affinities in the background with the Nexus 5, the reference device for the main community operations.
The modding procedures are therefore multiple and varied in order to obtain the root permissions LG G2, all having access to a multitude of opportunities that can make a device even more complete which already boasts a complete and functional software package of its own and exclusive LG, to be able to increase with the modules Xposed Framework or to be modified using several custom ROM, among which the porting the interface of the LG G3.
The methods currently available to be able to run the LG G2 root recommended in the light of the process, therefore simplicity, and speed of execution without forgetting security are the following:
- IOroot for Android 4.2.2
- IOroot for Android 4.4.2
As always, each procedure requires preliminary operations, the usefulness of which occurs for each single step, saving you from having to improvise in key moments of the procedures:
- USB Debug mode: notoriously accessible via the path “Settings", Voice"Developer options"Up to the option"USB debugging“, But you may have to enable this option first and it will be possible by going to the pathSettings, voice Phone Info to click on the Android build several times in order to view the message You are now a developer which will enable the path described in the first lines and in particular the option "Developer options".
- LG G2 driver: Mirror
- IOroot tool:Windows|Mac
IOroot method for Android 4.2.2:
The LG G2 root procedure differs in case you still have an out of date device, therefore with release ad Android 4.2.2, although the steps to be taken are very minimal, requiring just a couple of minutes to have full access to root permissions on the device:
- Step 1: Extract the contents of the IOroot ".rar" archive into a directory of our choice
- Step 2: Once the LG G2 drivers are installed, we verify the communication with the computer by accessing the command prompt, in the directory chosen for Step 1, by entering the codeadb devices
- Step 3: In case of a positive response from the LG G2, we enable USB Debugging
- Step 4: Let's go to the extracted archive directory and open the "root.bat" file
- Step 5: Once communication from IOroot is obtained, disconnect the USB cable by disabling the USB Debug
- Step 6: We await a new communication to re-enable USB Debugging and reconnect the USB cable
- Step 7: Once the process is completed, we download the package SuperUsers once you ask us
At the end of the process, your LG G2 will have root permissions enabled and you can then move on to installing one custom recovery, among the various available in the sector.
IOroot method for Android 4.4.2:
The procedure to root LG G2 in case you have updated the device to the latest release released by LG relating to Android 4.4.2 KitKat it is extremely simpler than the one previously described, which is why, despite having a model that is still the previous version, it is advisable to perform the update first to enjoy the advantages, in the procedural context, offered for unlocking root permissions, the all with very few steps:
- Step 1: We put the LG G2 in communication with the computer by simultaneously clicking the "Shift" and "Right" keyboard and mouse buttons by selecting the "Open command window from here" option
- Step 2: We enable USB Debugging
- Step 3: At this point we type in the command prompt the string "adb devices”Trying to get a response from the device, to check for communication
- Step 4: Type, if positive, the stringadb reboot recovery, selecting from the following itemsapply update from adb
- Step 5: Finally, type the stringadb sideload datroot.zip
At this point you will have to wait only for the conclusion of the process which, once finalized, will require the restart of your LG G2 to unlock the root permissions.
The guide is intended for illustrative purposes, with this the drafting of Android.Caotic does not assume responsibility for any damage occurred to your terminal during the steps, aware of the risks, well exposed, to which it is possible to incur.
Thanks for subscribing! Please check your email for further instructions.