Microsoft announced one new and renewed version of the Office suite for iOS. The app is available through the Test Flight program for the first 10,000 users, and goes alongside the Android version released in beta a couple of days ago.
Also in this case Microsoft has combined all the main features of Word, Excel, Power Point already existing in a single app, optimized to offer an even more complete experience for mobile devices. It eliminates the need to switch between applications and significantly reduces the amount of space used on devices compared to previous versions with multiple apps installed.
Use Word, Excel and PowerPoint that are combined in one app:
- Create, edit and collaborate on documents in real time.
- Archive and access documents in the cloud or on your device.
- Easily access recent and frequently used Word, Excel and PowerPoint files stored in the cloud or on your device.
- Search for documents stored in the cloud, on your phone or in your organization (if you use a company account).
Easily create documents with solutions designed exclusively for mobile devices:
- Take a photo of a document and turn it into a Word file by pressing a button.
- Transform the image of a table into an Excel spreadsheet to work on the data.
- Allow PowerPoint to design a presentation by simply selecting images to use from the phone.
- Automatically create better digital images of whiteboards and documents with Office Lens features integrated into the app.
Quickly perform common tasks for mobile devices with predefined actions:
- Instantly create PDF from photos or Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents.
- Sign the PDFs using your finger.
- Easily transfer files between phone and computer or share them instantly with nearby mobile devices.
- Scan QR codes to open files and links.
The new Microsoft Office app is available for free to all users who request access through the Test Flight program. At first it will be possible to download it only via smartphone, even if Microsoft has made it known that it wants to bring the same experience also on tablets.