The Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 is the latest average smartphone in the range that was released by the Korean company. Despite being released in 2017, it was released with Android 6.0 Marshmallow. If you have this device, this guide will show you how install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 with Android Marshmallow.
The installation of a custom recovery essential to perform some operations on your Android smartphone. Through it you can easily get root permissions or install a new ROM not authorized by the manufacturer. Furthermore you will be able to delete all the default apps pre-installed on your smartphone so as to free up memory and increase device performance. If you want to get the most out of your smartphone, proceed with the installation of TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 with Android Marshmallow.
Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 with Android Marshmallow
- Make sure the model of your Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 is SM-A520F. You can check it by going to Settings and then on Device Info.
- The battery percentage must be at least 50%.
- Although the smartphone will not be formatted, make sure you have backed up all your data.
- The Android version must be the 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
- Download and install Samsung drivers on your Windows PC – download link.
- Download the Odin tool on your PC – Download link.
- Download the TWRP Recovery for Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 on your PC – Download Link.
After backing up your smartphone and downloading all the data, you can proceed with the guide. You should not be at risk if you follow all the steps carefully. Despite this, Guideitech is not responsible for any damage caused to the device.
- After installing the Samsung drivers on your PC, extract the contents of the Odin archive and the TWRP you downloaded previously.
- On the Samsung Galaxy A5 2017, enable the USB debugging mode. To do this, go in Settings -> Device Info and click 7 times on the item Build Number. Return to Settings, where you will see a new menu called Developer options. Open this menu, search for the item USB debugging and activate it.
- Now turn off the device.
- Restart it in Download mode. To do this, hold down the keys simultaneously Volume Gi + Home + Power until you see a warning message. At this point press the key Volume Up to continue.
- The application starts on the PC Odin previously downloaded.
- Connect the device to the PC via the USB cable. Odin should recognize the newly connected smartphone.
- Now select the button PDA and, in the window that appears, open the file recovery.img that you extracted previously.
- If enabled, uncheck the item Auto reboot.
- Select the button Start to start the installation procedure.
At the end of the procedure to install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy A5 2017, I advise you to check if the procedure was successful. To do this you need to press the buttons at the same time Volume Gi +Poweruntil the device turns off. Then press the keys simultaneously Volume Up + Home + Poweruntil the new recovery starts.
If the new TWRP appears then the procedure is successful, otherwise I advise you to repeat the procedure. At this point you can proceed with obtaining root permissions on your Samsung Galaxy A5 2017. If you encounter any problems, let us know via the comments in this article.