Airdrop one of the most useful and appreciated features in the ecosystem. Through its features, Airdrop allows you to transfer photos instantly, videos and even share other files like notes on iPhone, iPad and MacBook or Mac PC devices.
Although there is no equivalent to Airdrop for Android smartphone, however you can take advantage of an alternative solution that allows you to achieve completely similar functionality to Airdrop, sharing files, photos, videos and notes in the same way between your Android and Windows devices. Here's how to do it!
Aidrop: how to get the same functionality on Android
- First of all, go in this page to download and install a tool called KDE Connect on your computer. It will be essential to get Airdrop's functionality on the Android smartphone;
- Then open the file downloaded to the PC and follow the instructions to install the relative tool;
- After the installation, open the tool, so you can find the KDE connection icon on the Windows taskbar. Click with the right button on the relative icon and select the optionConfigure from the pop-up menu;
- Proceed to install nowKDE Connecton your Android smartphone from Play Store, by opening the app below on the device;
- Make sure the phone and PC are both connected to the same WiFi network before proceeding. Once you open the Android app on your phone, it will automatically detect your computer, displaying it in the column of available devices. Touch the name of your PC, selecting later Request pairing to proceed;