- C ' a drawer in the almirah, where you can find all the their what's this.
- Their teacher called me yonder .
In these sentences, the word 'there' indicates a place while 'their' used to mean 'belonging to a group of people'. Take a reading of this article to understand the difference between them and them.
|Sense||The word "l" represents a place or can also be used to refer to something that exists. It also acts as an exclamation.||The word itheir 'symbolizes the belonging or ownership of someone or something.|
|Part of the speech||Noun, Pronoun, Adverb, Adjective, Interjection.||Possessive determiner|
|Examples||There is a large shopping center.||Their struggle reminds me of my childhood.|
|You have to go there for further study.||Can you give me their number?|
|There are some bugs in the software.||Employee efforts can be seen in their performance.|
Definition of There
The word 'there' used in different contexts, when used as different parts of speech in various sentences.
- When used as adverb, it means in or in that place, a point in time, or a particular issue or seeking attention :
- Sar L in time.
- She was L to meet you.
- there he is that comes.
- I stopped L, to make him reach.
- It can also be used as interjection to show a feeling of satisfaction or attention :
- Here, I said your parents will be angry after hearing about your result.
- Can be used as pronoun for introduce the subject or to say that something exists or does not exist :
- C ' someone at the door calling you.
- there are some differences between management and administration.
- How adjective for emphasize :
- You can ask for coupons for the volunteer L .
- The girl yonder very pretty.
- How noun refers to the place :
- L you can find Robin.
- Can you reach us by 7:00 am?
Definition of Them
Put simply, the word "they" used in sentences as an attributive adjective, followed by a noun. It expresses the possessive form of the word "they" than a plural pronoun. Now let's discuss where to use them in our sentences:
- How determinant to show membership :
- You returned them on their basketball.
- The villagers live in the their huts.
- You should stop intervening in the their issues.
- It can also be used when the sex of the unknown person:
- Someone stole the phone.
- My friends parked the their cars in the parking lot.
Fundamental difference between the place and theirs
The following points are substantial as regards the difference between them and theirs:
- In English, it is used to express a place that is already mentioned or implied that is known to the other person. It can also be used to express a specific object or person. On the other hand, their a possessive form of "them", which means ownership of something by a group of people.
- Basically, used as an adverb of place or position, but it can also be used as a noun, pronoun, adjective and interjection. On the contrary, their a possessive determinant, which refers to belonging to someone or something.
- Example : there must be something wrong with the their behavior. You're going L for the their Welfare.
- Here here.
- there are some horses in the stable.
- there six?
- Theirs tip actually helped me.
- Their happiness depends on their mood.
- I like the their attitude.
How to remember the difference
The best way to remember the difference that every time you use it means that there is a position or something that exists. On the other hand, you use them when referring to a name that replaces.